Da Deputy doesn’t just kill beats; he executes them, in an elaborate and arguably sacrilegious fashion. On his first Booth feature, the sequel to a mixtape cut originally released back in 2011, the Fort Worth representative takes it back to the Ancient Roman days, treating listeners to a Lyrical Crucifixion. Of course, since this is L.C. Pt. 2, he has to do it even bigger and more brutally than the first time around. To that end, he enlists the help of Wale protégé Black Cobain, who laces Yo Ansel‘s menacing choral-sampled beat with a scorching opening 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch the Booth for more bangers leading up to the July 27, release of Da Deputy’s next mixtape, In Due Time 3.
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
Silent B Ent./Global Respect
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.