Da Deputy doesn’t just kill beats; he executes them, in an elaborate and arguably sacrilegious fashion. On his first Booth feature, the sequel to a mixtape cut originally released back in 2011, the Fort Worth representative takes it back to the Ancient Roman days, treating listeners to a Lyrical Crucifixion. Of course, since this is L.C. Pt. 2, he has to do it even bigger and more brutally than the first time around. To that end, he enlists the help of Wale protégé Black Cobain, who laces Yo Ansel‘s menacing choral-sampled beat with a scorching opening 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch the Booth for more bangers leading up to the July 27, release of Da Deputy’s next mixtape, In Due Time 3.
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
Silent B Ent./Global Respect
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.