Da Deputy doesn’t just kill beats; he executes them, in an elaborate and arguably sacrilegious fashion. On his first Booth feature, the sequel to a mixtape cut originally released back in 2011, the Fort Worth representative takes it back to the Ancient Roman days, treating listeners to a Lyrical Crucifixion. Of course, since this is L.C. Pt. 2, he has to do it even bigger and more brutally than the first time around. To that end, he enlists the help of Wale protégé Black Cobain, who laces Yo Ansel‘s menacing choral-sampled beat with a scorching opening 16. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch the Booth for more bangers leading up to the July 27, release of Da Deputy’s next mixtape, In Due Time 3.
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
Silent B Ent./Global Respect
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.