Do you ever sit back and think to yourself, “I wonder when the Booth is going to feature another fresh cut from Da Deputy?” Come on, be honest. In any case, the answer is right… about… now. A drastic change of pace from the Fort Worth repper’s diabolically grimy Booth debut, L.C. Pt. 2, Do I Ever Cross Your Mind? sees the artist looking back on the blissful beginning of a relationship on the rocks. Dre Eazy provides a keyboard-driven backdrop for his bittersweet bars, and Brandon Marcel ties the package together with a hook borrowed from Brian McKnight‘s classic Anytime. This poignant jam isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Da Deputy’s plans in the weeks to come.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
Silent B Ent./Global Respect
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"L.C. Pt. 2" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.