Time for a little thought experiment: close your eyes, clear your mind and Imagine a rap game filled with real artists making high-quality music, with nary a sucker emcee to be found. Now open your eyes… oh, that’s right, people can’t read with their eyes closed. Well, whenever you get around to opening them, flip on the latest single from NYC duo Da Circle, and listen as your daydream becomes a reality for two-and-a-half minutes. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this joint finds Fats D’Assassin and Goodtime Slim showcasing their vision of a brighter musical tomorrow. Over DJ Element‘s gritty, reverb-drenched instrumental, the twosome teach by example, delivering witty braggadocio and streetwise trash-talk in addition to tutoring us on the finer points of street etiquette (“A thug’s doctrine is unwritten rules / don’t come around here with the glistening jewels…”). Da Circle may be dreamers, but I have a feeling they’re not the only ones – if you’d like to join them in ushering in a new golden age of hip-hop, keep it locked for the latest on their Statik Selektah-hosted The S.A.F.E. LP, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 09/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guillotine Rap" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)