There are no shortage of programs out there for those fighting a drug addiction, but what happens when the habit you’re trying to kick isn’t a chemical substance, but a dysfunctional relationship? Such is the dilemma D1 finds himself in on his first Booth feature and latest single: unable to cut himself free from a tumultuous romance, he laments, “I need Rehab for my soul.” This moody selection finds the up-and-coming singer/songwriter/beatsmith showcasing the full breadth of his skill set, crafting a brooding, piano-led instrumental to back him as he prays for a respite from the neverending cycle of highs and lows that his life has become. Connecticut phenom Elite (who recently hooked up with The DJBooth to drop his reader-acclaimed Awaken street album) commiserates with the headliner on the middle, venting his frustrations with a chick who can never seem to decide whether she’s coming or going. Digging this moody yet cathartic selection? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the January 2012 arrival of D1’s latest full-length, Soul Blue.
Written by richard on 11/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Far Away" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.