There are no shortage of programs out there for those fighting a drug addiction, but what happens when the habit you’re trying to kick isn’t a chemical substance, but a dysfunctional relationship? Such is the dilemma D1 finds himself in on his first Booth feature and latest single: unable to cut himself free from a tumultuous romance, he laments, “I need Rehab for my soul.” This moody selection finds the up-and-coming singer/songwriter/beatsmith showcasing the full breadth of his skill set, crafting a brooding, piano-led instrumental to back him as he prays for a respite from the neverending cycle of highs and lows that his life has become. Connecticut phenom Elite (who recently hooked up with The DJBooth to drop his reader-acclaimed Awaken street album) commiserates with the headliner on the middle, venting his frustrations with a chick who can never seem to decide whether she’s coming or going. Digging this moody yet cathartic selection? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the January 2012 arrival of D1’s latest full-length, Soul Blue.
Written by richard on 11/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Far Away" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)