There are no shortage of programs out there for those fighting a drug addiction, but what happens when the habit you’re trying to kick isn’t a chemical substance, but a dysfunctional relationship? Such is the dilemma D1 finds himself in on his first Booth feature and latest single: unable to cut himself free from a tumultuous romance, he laments, “I need Rehab for my soul.” This moody selection finds the up-and-coming singer/songwriter/beatsmith showcasing the full breadth of his skill set, crafting a brooding, piano-led instrumental to back him as he prays for a respite from the neverending cycle of highs and lows that his life has become. Connecticut phenom Elite (who recently hooked up with The DJBooth to drop his reader-acclaimed Awaken street album) commiserates with the headliner on the middle, venting his frustrations with a chick who can never seem to decide whether she’s coming or going. Digging this moody yet cathartic selection? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the January 2012 arrival of D1’s latest full-length, Soul Blue.
Written by richard on 11/28/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Far Away" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.