Don’t let the innocent face fool you—D1 is Far From an Angel. Fresh off lamenting his girl’s emotionally distant behavior So Far Away, the unsigned singer/songwriter/producer reveals on the follow-up that some of his problems may be of his own making. Leaked to the ‘net last December but newly-selected as the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored mixtape, this emotionally-fraught ballad finds the artist expressing regret for past wrongs over his own understated, piano-led production (featuring Jorge Gavidia on guitar). Acknowledging, “I’m so ashamed of the sh*t that I put you through,” he resolves to repent in the only way he knows how: “I’ma crawl on my knees and beg you please, ‘cause I can’t cleanse these sins, but you can bless and rescue me.” Personally, I think dude’s being a little hard on himself—but regardless, this cathartic banger should only leave fans more amped for D1’s Soul Blue street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download March 5.
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.