Don’t let the innocent face fool you—D1 is Far From an Angel. Fresh off lamenting his girl’s emotionally distant behavior So Far Away, the unsigned singer/songwriter/producer reveals on the follow-up that some of his problems may be of his own making. Leaked to the ‘net last December but newly-selected as the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored mixtape, this emotionally-fraught ballad finds the artist expressing regret for past wrongs over his own understated, piano-led production (featuring Jorge Gavidia on guitar). Acknowledging, “I’m so ashamed of the sh*t that I put you through,” he resolves to repent in the only way he knows how: “I’ma crawl on my knees and beg you please, ‘cause I can’t cleanse these sins, but you can bless and rescue me.” Personally, I think dude’s being a little hard on himself—but regardless, this cathartic banger should only leave fans more amped for D1’s Soul Blue street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download March 5.
Listen to More: D1 Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!