Don’t let the innocent face fool you—D1 is Far From an Angel. Fresh off lamenting his girl’s emotionally distant behavior So Far Away, the unsigned singer/songwriter/producer reveals on the follow-up that some of his problems may be of his own making. Leaked to the ‘net last December but newly-selected as the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored mixtape, this emotionally-fraught ballad finds the artist expressing regret for past wrongs over his own understated, piano-led production (featuring Jorge Gavidia on guitar). Acknowledging, “I’m so ashamed of the sh*t that I put you through,” he resolves to repent in the only way he knows how: “I’ma crawl on my knees and beg you please, ‘cause I can’t cleanse these sins, but you can bless and rescue me.” Personally, I think dude’s being a little hard on himself—but regardless, this cathartic banger should only leave fans more amped for D1’s Soul Blue street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download March 5.
Listen to More: D1
Written by richard on 02/27/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.