Don’t let the innocent face fool you—D1 is Far From an Angel. Fresh off lamenting his girl’s emotionally distant behavior So Far Away, the unsigned singer/songwriter/producer reveals on the follow-up that some of his problems may be of his own making. Leaked to the ‘net last December but newly-selected as the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored mixtape, this emotionally-fraught ballad finds the artist expressing regret for past wrongs over his own understated, piano-led production (featuring Jorge Gavidia on guitar). Acknowledging, “I’m so ashamed of the sh*t that I put you through,” he resolves to repent in the only way he knows how: “I’ma crawl on my knees and beg you please, ‘cause I can’t cleanse these sins, but you can bless and rescue me.” Personally, I think dude’s being a little hard on himself—but regardless, this cathartic banger should only leave fans more amped for D1’s Soul Blue street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download March 5.
Written by richard on 02/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.