For some indecisive folks, a breakup is just an excuse to get back together, which is just an excuse to break up again, and so on ad infinitum. Not so for D1. When he walks out the door, the screen Fades to Black and the credits roll, leaving no room for a sequel. On this cinematic ballad, coming on the heels of May’s Regret, the Columbus, Ohio repper issues an ultimatum to a girl who’s been taking him for granted: treat him right, or it’s goodbye for good. In addition to handling vocal and songwriting duties, D1 produces the joint’s keyboard-led 12/8 backdrop. Jorge Gavidia assists on guitar. Fade to Black is just a loosie, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the indie buzzmaker’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.