For some indecisive folks, a breakup is just an excuse to get back together, which is just an excuse to break up again, and so on ad infinitum. Not so for D1. When he walks out the door, the screen Fades to Black and the credits roll, leaving no room for a sequel. On this cinematic ballad, coming on the heels of May’s Regret, the Columbus, Ohio repper issues an ultimatum to a girl who’s been taking him for granted: treat him right, or it’s goodbye for good. In addition to handling vocal and songwriting duties, D1 produces the joint’s keyboard-led 12/8 backdrop. Jorge Gavidia assists on guitar. Fade to Black is just a loosie, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the indie buzzmaker’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.