For some indecisive folks, a breakup is just an excuse to get back together, which is just an excuse to break up again, and so on ad infinitum. Not so for D1. When he walks out the door, the screen Fades to Black and the credits roll, leaving no room for a sequel. On this cinematic ballad, coming on the heels of May’s Regret, the Columbus, Ohio repper issues an ultimatum to a girl who’s been taking him for granted: treat him right, or it’s goodbye for good. In addition to handling vocal and songwriting duties, D1 produces the joint’s keyboard-led 12/8 backdrop. Jorge Gavidia assists on guitar. Fade to Black is just a loosie, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the indie buzzmaker’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.