For some indecisive folks, a breakup is just an excuse to get back together, which is just an excuse to break up again, and so on ad infinitum. Not so for D1. When he walks out the door, the screen Fades to Black and the credits roll, leaving no room for a sequel. On this cinematic ballad, coming on the heels of May’s Regret, the Columbus, Ohio repper issues an ultimatum to a girl who’s been taking him for granted: treat him right, or it’s goodbye for good. In addition to handling vocal and songwriting duties, D1 produces the joint’s keyboard-led 12/8 backdrop. Jorge Gavidia assists on guitar. Fade to Black is just a loosie, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the indie buzzmaker’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.