For some indecisive folks, a breakup is just an excuse to get back together, which is just an excuse to break up again, and so on ad infinitum. Not so for D1. When he walks out the door, the screen Fades to Black and the credits roll, leaving no room for a sequel. On this cinematic ballad, coming on the heels of May’s Regret, the Columbus, Ohio repper issues an ultimatum to a girl who’s been taking him for granted: treat him right, or it’s goodbye for good. In addition to handling vocal and songwriting duties, D1 produces the joint’s keyboard-led 12/8 backdrop. Jorge Gavidia assists on guitar. Fade to Black is just a loosie, but fans should stay tuned; we’ll keep you posted on the indie buzzmaker’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.