If you’ve been rocking a little existential dread lately, well, you’re not alone—this newly-released record finds Florida emcee and Booth newcomer D.P. staring into The Mirror at the lines on his face, struck by the realization that he and everyone he knows will inevitably age and die. It’s bleak, but those can handle the dark subject matter will undoubtedly appreciate the brutally real, bluntly poetic lyricism the up-and-comer brings to a topic that most (if not all) of us us have contemplated at one point or another. On the production tip, D.P. wisely provides a spoonful of sugar to temper the downbeat lyrical content; centered around uptempo percussion and catchy spaghetti-Western guitar riffs, the driving instrumental keeps things “movin’ and movin’ and movin’” along. If you’re wondering what else D.P. has on his mind, download a copy of fortyeighthours, a newly-released, 11-track album created in one nonstop, two-day recording session.
Listen to More: D.P.
Written by richard on 04/27/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)