If you’ve been rocking a little existential dread lately, well, you’re not alone—this newly-released record finds Florida emcee and Booth newcomer D.P. staring into The Mirror at the lines on his face, struck by the realization that he and everyone he knows will inevitably age and die. It’s bleak, but those can handle the dark subject matter will undoubtedly appreciate the brutally real, bluntly poetic lyricism the up-and-comer brings to a topic that most (if not all) of us us have contemplated at one point or another. On the production tip, D.P. wisely provides a spoonful of sugar to temper the downbeat lyrical content; centered around uptempo percussion and catchy spaghetti-Western guitar riffs, the driving instrumental keeps things “movin’ and movin’ and movin’” along. If you’re wondering what else D.P. has on his mind, download a copy of fortyeighthours, a newly-released, 11-track album created in one nonstop, two-day recording session.
Written by richard on 04/27/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.