Remember all that “hip-hop is dead” talk a couple years ago? It was stupid then, and it’s even dumber now that a new generation of emcees are beginning to emerge from hip-hop’s underground. Brooklyn up-and-comer D. Julien, whom we last heard spitting a sick DJBooth freestyle, is part of that new bright young new school, but just in case there are still some out there that don’t think Julien’s in the game to win, his new track should Prove Them Wrong. Produced by fellow newcomer Buzz, Prove Them Wrong rides along on a soulful, heavily ‘70s influenced beat, which Julien uses to destroy any haters in his path: “Now you don’t, gotta believe it but these fake parapelegics hatin, you lyin talking bout you ain’t feelin my recent statements.” The track is part of a currently untitled, unscheduled project that will undoubtedly materialize into a dope new project from Julien. In the meantime, keep it locked to our pages for all the latest from hip-hop’s future.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Treat Me Different" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.