I was going to kick this one off by pointing out the inaccuracy of a certain popular saying, but, as it turns out, the late, great John Lennon beat me to the punch: “Love means having to say you’re sorry every fifteen minutes.” Enduring relationships are all about Forgiveness—and if you don’t believe me, Google “infidelity statistics.” I’ll wait. On this LP cut, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Miracle emcee-producer D.Focis asks his girl to forgive him for sleeping with another woman, as well as for a few subtler offenses. Guest emcee Kamilion steps up to the mic to spit an equally heartfelt closing verse over the headliner’s mellow, dreamy boardwork, and the Kalonji Movement‘s Sashay ties it all together with a soulful hook. This touching relationship jam is a refreshing change of pace from your usual black-and-white depictions of romantic discord, and its message is most definitely one worth heeding. Fans can find Forgiveness and much more on Focis’ Be Strong LP, which will be available for free download from the artist’s blog Sept 1st.
Written by richard on 08/31/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.