I was going to kick this one off by pointing out the inaccuracy of a certain popular saying, but, as it turns out, the late, great John Lennon beat me to the punch: “Love means having to say you’re sorry every fifteen minutes.” Enduring relationships are all about Forgiveness—and if you don’t believe me, Google “infidelity statistics.” I’ll wait. On this LP cut, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Miracle emcee-producer D.Focis asks his girl to forgive him for sleeping with another woman, as well as for a few subtler offenses. Guest emcee Kamilion steps up to the mic to spit an equally heartfelt closing verse over the headliner’s mellow, dreamy boardwork, and the Kalonji Movement‘s Sashay ties it all together with a soulful hook. This touching relationship jam is a refreshing change of pace from your usual black-and-white depictions of romantic discord, and its message is most definitely one worth heeding. Fans can find Forgiveness and much more on Focis’ Be Strong LP, which will be available for free download from the artist’s blog Sept 1st.
Written by richard on 08/31/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.