Now that Danity Kane is officially finito, what’s next for its former five members? Why, solo albums, of course! In that respect, D. Woods has an advantage over her former groupmates; running a side project called The Girls’ Club, working on fitness DVD Crunk Abs and even appearing as a celebrity model on BET’s Rip The Runway, the Atlanta native is (as stated in her March ‘08 interview) a “chameleon”. Now ready to go full-time with her solo career, Woods plans to precede her currently-untitled debut with a mixtape series entitled Independence Day. On the newly-released On My Side, Woods eyes a man whose last relationship was rife with heartbreak. Knowing that he’s hoping for something better, she beckons him to come where the grass is greener. Produced by rising R&B beatsmith Soundz, expect this cut to attract plenty more fans to Woods’ side.
Written by Burmy on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know Me ft. D. Woods" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.