Now that Danity Kane is officially finito, what’s next for its former five members? Why, solo albums, of course! In that respect, D. Woods has an advantage over her former groupmates; running a side project called The Girls’ Club, working on fitness DVD Crunk Abs and even appearing as a celebrity model on BET’s Rip The Runway, the Atlanta native is (as stated in her March ‘08 interview) a “chameleon”. Now ready to go full-time with her solo career, Woods plans to precede her currently-untitled debut with a mixtape series entitled Independence Day. On the newly-released On My Side, Woods eyes a man whose last relationship was rife with heartbreak. Knowing that he’s hoping for something better, she beckons him to come where the grass is greener. Produced by rising R&B beatsmith Soundz, expect this cut to attract plenty more fans to Woods’ side.
Written by Burmy on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know Me ft. D. Woods" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.