Now that Danity Kane is officially finito, what’s next for its former five members? Why, solo albums, of course! In that respect, D. Woods has an advantage over her former groupmates; running a side project called The Girls’ Club, working on fitness DVD Crunk Abs and even appearing as a celebrity model on BET’s Rip The Runway, the Atlanta native is (as stated in her March ‘08 interview) a “chameleon”. Now ready to go full-time with her solo career, Woods plans to precede her currently-untitled debut with a mixtape series entitled Independence Day. On the newly-released On My Side, Woods eyes a man whose last relationship was rife with heartbreak. Knowing that he’s hoping for something better, she beckons him to come where the grass is greener. Produced by rising R&B beatsmith Soundz, expect this cut to attract plenty more fans to Woods’ side.
Written by Burmy on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know Me ft. D. Woods" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.