Now that Danity Kane is officially finito, what’s next for its former five members? Why, solo albums, of course! In that respect, D. Woods has an advantage over her former groupmates; running a side project called The Girls’ Club, working on fitness DVD Crunk Abs and even appearing as a celebrity model on BET’s Rip The Runway, the Atlanta native is (as stated in her March ‘08 interview) a “chameleon”. Now ready to go full-time with her solo career, Woods plans to precede her currently-untitled debut with a mixtape series entitled Independence Day. On the newly-released On My Side, Woods eyes a man whose last relationship was rife with heartbreak. Knowing that he’s hoping for something better, she beckons him to come where the grass is greener. Produced by rising R&B beatsmith Soundz, expect this cut to attract plenty more fans to Woods’ side.
Written by Burmy on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know Me ft. D. Woods" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.