Remember the Biblical story of Lot and his wife? To summarize, an angel sent by the Almighty strongly advised the Godly man and his family to book it out the doomed city of Sodom and not look back—Mrs. Lot forgot the last part, glanced over her shoulder, and was transformed into a pillar of salt. As I see it, there are two lessons to be learned here: first, angels don’t kid around, and, second, when leaving suffering and sin behind you, it’s often best to keep your eyes on what’s ahead. On his latest single, D. Black echoes the latter moral, asking listeners to “Forget about Yesterday” and focus on building a better tomorrow. Over a soulful, midtempo beat coproduced by D. Black and B. Brown, the Seattle rapper delivers more of the spiritually-aware motivational insights that made Keep On Going a Booth hit, tying the struggle to escape inner-city poverty and his own musical grind into the track’s forward-looking theme. Fans don’t have to look too far ahead, though, for more of D. Black’s uplifting jams; Ali’Yah is set to drop Sept. 15th.
Written by richard on 08/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On Going" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.