Remember the Biblical story of Lot and his wife? To summarize, an angel sent by the Almighty strongly advised the Godly man and his family to book it out the doomed city of Sodom and not look back—Mrs. Lot forgot the last part, glanced over her shoulder, and was transformed into a pillar of salt. As I see it, there are two lessons to be learned here: first, angels don’t kid around, and, second, when leaving suffering and sin behind you, it’s often best to keep your eyes on what’s ahead. On his latest single, D. Black echoes the latter moral, asking listeners to “Forget about Yesterday” and focus on building a better tomorrow. Over a soulful, midtempo beat coproduced by D. Black and B. Brown, the Seattle rapper delivers more of the spiritually-aware motivational insights that made Keep On Going a Booth hit, tying the struggle to escape inner-city poverty and his own musical grind into the track’s forward-looking theme. Fans don’t have to look too far ahead, though, for more of D. Black’s uplifting jams; Ali’Yah is set to drop Sept. 15th.
Listen to More: D. Black Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On Going" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.