Remember the Biblical story of Lot and his wife? To summarize, an angel sent by the Almighty strongly advised the Godly man and his family to book it out the doomed city of Sodom and not look back—Mrs. Lot forgot the last part, glanced over her shoulder, and was transformed into a pillar of salt. As I see it, there are two lessons to be learned here: first, angels don’t kid around, and, second, when leaving suffering and sin behind you, it’s often best to keep your eyes on what’s ahead. On his latest single, D. Black echoes the latter moral, asking listeners to “Forget about Yesterday” and focus on building a better tomorrow. Over a soulful, midtempo beat coproduced by D. Black and B. Brown, the Seattle rapper delivers more of the spiritually-aware motivational insights that made Keep On Going a Booth hit, tying the struggle to escape inner-city poverty and his own musical grind into the track’s forward-looking theme. Fans don’t have to look too far ahead, though, for more of D. Black’s uplifting jams; Ali’Yah is set to drop Sept. 15th.
Written by richard on 08/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On Going" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.