Over the years, everyone from Usher to Luda to Pretty Ricky have have expressed their longing for a chick who’s “A Lady in the Street, and a freak in the bed.” Well, the search is over; on D. Woods’ latest mixtape single, the Danity Kane alum announces that is that woman – or she will be, for the right man. Accompanied by beatsmith Meco‘s swirling synth arpeggios, keyboard chords and handclap percussion, the Massachusetts-born singer shifts into full-on seductress mode, informing a guy she’s got her eye on that her well-mannered exterior is just a mask for the freak beneath: “Just wait until the lights go down, I have some things I wanna try, it’s goin’ down.” Needless to say, that’s an offer that few fellas would be able to refuse – but is the record itself as persuasive as the singer’s come-ons? I’ll leave that for the Booth’s resident R&B-heads to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, there’s plenty more where Lady in the Streets came from on Woods’ street album of the same name, available now online.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know Me ft. D. Woods" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.