Over the years, everyone from Usher to Luda to Pretty Ricky have have expressed their longing for a chick who’s “A Lady in the Street, and a freak in the bed.” Well, the search is over; on D. Woods’ latest mixtape single, the Danity Kane alum announces that is that woman – or she will be, for the right man. Accompanied by beatsmith Meco‘s swirling synth arpeggios, keyboard chords and handclap percussion, the Massachusetts-born singer shifts into full-on seductress mode, informing a guy she’s got her eye on that her well-mannered exterior is just a mask for the freak beneath: “Just wait until the lights go down, I have some things I wanna try, it’s goin’ down.” Needless to say, that’s an offer that few fellas would be able to refuse – but is the record itself as persuasive as the singer’s come-ons? I’ll leave that for the Booth’s resident R&B-heads to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, there’s plenty more where Lady in the Streets came from on Woods’ street album of the same name, available now online.
Written by richard on 09/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know Me ft. D. Woods" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.