In summer of 2011, while visiting Paris and Versailles, D-WHY and director Rex Arrow shot footage for what was intended to become a three-part music video. Unfortunately, they neglected to back up their files and, when their hard drive malfunctioned, all their work went down the drain. Two years and change later, through some technological miracle, the footage has been recovered. Luis Valdazon took over where Arrow left off and shaped it into the official visuals for EP single Young Madonna. On this catchy, carefree love song, beatsmith Dave Cappa flips a sample from indie buzz band CHVRCHES’s The Mother We Share as D-WHY envisions the bright future that awaits him and his girl. Fans will be able to find Young Madonna, the previously-featured One Day and much more on the artist’s Loved, Hated & Broke EP, scheduled for independent release November 19.
Written by richard on 11/3/13
East Coast buzzmaker D-WHY has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Young, Broke, Loved & Hated EP. The project is his first digital retail release and directly follows August 2012's Don't Flatter...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.