Don’t let the boyish good looks and gentlemanly demeanor fool you; D-Why has done unspeakable things to get ahead in the music game. What kind of things? I have no idea. And even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you, since I’m not keen on waking up next to a horse’s head tomorrow morning. Moving right along, freshly-released video single We Don’t Know finds the Big Apple buzzmaker celebrating his dope present—and keeping mum about the past. As usual, D-WHY combines lyricism with pop appeal, enlisting The Co-Stars to craft a simple yet infectious, keyboard-driven backdrop for bars evoking the exhilaration and vertigo that comes with being on the cusp of greatness: “I’m feelin’ great, how you feelin’ now… No job, but it’s workin’ out. / Hope we still feel good as the days pass. Lost in the moment and I’m tryin’ to find my way back.” Find yourself nodding along? This record, along with the previously-featured I’m Here Now and much more, can be found on D-WHY’s forthcoming free project, Don’t Flatter Yourself. Keep it locked for the latest on the set, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.