It ain’t a coincidence that D-WHY shares a first name with one of the most famous monarchs in Old Testament history; already royalty in his own mind, the West Virginia-bred rhymesayer plans to make rest of the world recognize his eminence in the very near future. On a bonus track off his latest EP, the rhymesayer announces the Return of King David. BLVD Blake‘s appropriately majestic, vocal-sampled boardwork backs the emcee as he reveals the true scope of his ambition, which overflows the boundaries of hip-hop to infringe on the worlds of acting and fashion. On the back, he has some harsh words for music blogs—not counting The DJBooth, of course. Fans will be able to find this imperious banger and much more on the artist’s Young, Loved, Hated & Broke EP. Currently sitting at #3 on Billboard‘s Heatseeker Albums Chart, the project is available for streaming and purchase on our pages.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.