Absent from the Booth since dropping off espresso-lovers’ anthem FaZe Clan back in May, D-WHY makes his triumphant return to our pages with One Day, the first official single off his next EP. Beatsmith Dave Cappa‘s plaintive, yet banging production, sampled from Israeli singer/songwriter Asaf Avidan’s record of the same name, backs the West Virginia buzzmaker as he envisions his future success in bold and arrogant verses. It ain’t all about him, though; in Luis Valdizon‘s accompanying visuals, shot at Cali’s picturesque Salvation Mountain, the artist invites listeners to Tweet and/or comment about their own hopes and dreams using the hashtag “#OneDay.” The Young, Loved, Hated & Broke EP is scheduled to drop digitally November 4. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.