Absent from the Booth since dropping off espresso-lovers’ anthem FaZe Clan back in May, D-WHY makes his triumphant return to our pages with One Day, the first official single off his next EP. Beatsmith Dave Cappa‘s plaintive, yet banging production, sampled from Israeli singer/songwriter Asaf Avidan’s record of the same name, backs the West Virginia buzzmaker as he envisions his future success in bold and arrogant verses. It ain’t all about him, though; in Luis Valdizon‘s accompanying visuals, shot at Cali’s picturesque Salvation Mountain, the artist invites listeners to Tweet and/or comment about their own hopes and dreams using the hashtag “#OneDay.” The Young, Loved, Hated & Broke EP is scheduled to drop digitally November 4. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.