D-WHY is still in the early stages of his musical career, but he’s already begun to ponder the Legacy he’ll leave behind. On the final single off his next digital release, the East Coast buzzmaker takes stock of his progress to date—and he couldn’t be happier with what he sees. Sure, he’s still having difficulties paying the bills and the haters are circling like vultures, but the sh*t he can control—his behavior, attitude and musical output—he’s got locked down. BLVD Blake backs the artist’s positive self-assessment with whip-ready percussion, grimy synth-bass and (on the “I don’t give a f**k” bridge) fluttering strings. Fans will be able to find Legacy, last week’s Young Madonna and much more on D-WHY’s Young, Loved, Hated & Broke EP, scheduled to drop next Tuesday (11/19). In addition to being available for purchase on iTunes, the set will be freely downloadable via TheCleanestCorner.com.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.