D-WHY is still in the early stages of his musical career, but he’s already begun to ponder the Legacy he’ll leave behind. On the final single off his next digital release, the East Coast buzzmaker takes stock of his progress to date—and he couldn’t be happier with what he sees. Sure, he’s still having difficulties paying the bills and the haters are circling like vultures, but the sh*t he can control—his behavior, attitude and musical output—he’s got locked down. BLVD Blake backs the artist’s positive self-assessment with whip-ready percussion, grimy synth-bass and (on the “I don’t give a f**k” bridge) fluttering strings. Fans will be able to find Legacy, last week’s Young Madonna and much more on D-WHY’s Young, Loved, Hated & Broke EP, scheduled to drop next Tuesday (11/19). In addition to being available for purchase on iTunes, the set will be freely downloadable via TheCleanestCorner.com.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.