They always say imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery. If that is true, I expect to see D-WHY receive a lot of “flattery” for his latest video single. Try as they might, though, I can’t see many rappers successfully reproducing its appeal. Over Songvibe‘s beat, featuring a subtle string section placed behind some dramatic clapping, the W.V.-born emcee turns in an energetic, unique vocal performance, alternating between smooth, sung vocals and higher-pitched flows. And his talents aren’t confined to the mic; D-Why also co-directed the black-and-white visuals, which read like a mini-action movie and is just as original and captivating as the song itself. You can find this cut as well as his last Booth feature, 2,000 Miles on the artist’s latest street album, Don’t Flatter Yourself.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!