They always say imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery. If that is true, I expect to see D-WHY receive a lot of “flattery” for his latest video single. Try as they might, though, I can’t see many rappers successfully reproducing its appeal. Over Songvibe‘s beat, featuring a subtle string section placed behind some dramatic clapping, the W.V.-born emcee turns in an energetic, unique vocal performance, alternating between smooth, sung vocals and higher-pitched flows. And his talents aren’t confined to the mic; D-Why also co-directed the black-and-white visuals, which read like a mini-action movie and is just as original and captivating as the song itself. You can find this cut as well as his last Booth feature, 2,000 Miles on the artist’s latest street album, Don’t Flatter Yourself.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.