They always say imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery. If that is true, I expect to see D-WHY receive a lot of “flattery” for his latest video single. Try as they might, though, I can’t see many rappers successfully reproducing its appeal. Over Songvibe‘s beat, featuring a subtle string section placed behind some dramatic clapping, the W.V.-born emcee turns in an energetic, unique vocal performance, alternating between smooth, sung vocals and higher-pitched flows. And his talents aren’t confined to the mic; D-Why also co-directed the black-and-white visuals, which read like a mini-action movie and is just as original and captivating as the song itself. You can find this cut as well as his last Booth feature, 2,000 Miles on the artist’s latest street album, Don’t Flatter Yourself.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.