They always say imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery. If that is true, I expect to see D-WHY receive a lot of “flattery” for his latest video single. Try as they might, though, I can’t see many rappers successfully reproducing its appeal. Over Songvibe‘s beat, featuring a subtle string section placed behind some dramatic clapping, the W.V.-born emcee turns in an energetic, unique vocal performance, alternating between smooth, sung vocals and higher-pitched flows. And his talents aren’t confined to the mic; D-Why also co-directed the black-and-white visuals, which read like a mini-action movie and is just as original and captivating as the song itself. You can find this cut as well as his last Booth feature, 2,000 Miles on the artist’s latest street album, Don’t Flatter Yourself.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.