As evidenced by the positive reviews his features have garnered on our pages, D-WHY has a large and loyal following in the Booth. But when it comes to loving the West Virginia repper and his music, none of y’all hold a candle to his number-one fan: D-WHY. On his latest promo single, the unsigned buzzmaker brushes off those who would call him conceited: “They say I’m full of myself. / F**k that, I’m Feelin’ Myself.” Over Pablo Dylan‘s powerful kick drums and atonal vocal samples, D-WHY ponders pulling a Kanye and branching out into the world of fashion. Whether or not he ends up following in Yeezy’s footsteps, though, he’s clearly got the ego part nailed down tight. This cut’s just a loosie, but the artist has plenty on his agenda for the months ahead, including a fall/winter tour and a forthcoming album. We in the Booth will, of course, keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)