As evidenced by the positive reviews his features have garnered on our pages, D-WHY has a large and loyal following in the Booth. But when it comes to loving the West Virginia repper and his music, none of y’all hold a candle to his number-one fan: D-WHY. On his latest promo single, the unsigned buzzmaker brushes off those who would call him conceited: “They say I’m full of myself. / F**k that, I’m Feelin’ Myself.” Over Pablo Dylan‘s powerful kick drums and atonal vocal samples, D-WHY ponders pulling a Kanye and branching out into the world of fashion. Whether or not he ends up following in Yeezy’s footsteps, though, he’s clearly got the ego part nailed down tight. This cut’s just a loosie, but the artist has plenty on his agenda for the months ahead, including a fall/winter tour and a forthcoming album. We in the Booth will, of course, keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.