As evidenced by the positive reviews his features have garnered on our pages, D-WHY has a large and loyal following in the Booth. But when it comes to loving the West Virginia repper and his music, none of y’all hold a candle to his number-one fan: D-WHY. On his latest promo single, the unsigned buzzmaker brushes off those who would call him conceited: “They say I’m full of myself. / F**k that, I’m Feelin’ Myself.” Over Pablo Dylan‘s powerful kick drums and atonal vocal samples, D-WHY ponders pulling a Kanye and branching out into the world of fashion. Whether or not he ends up following in Yeezy’s footsteps, though, he’s clearly got the ego part nailed down tight. This cut’s just a loosie, but the artist has plenty on his agenda for the months ahead, including a fall/winter tour and a forthcoming album. We in the Booth will, of course, keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.