You know you listen to too much hip-hop when it surprises you to see a styrofoam cup filled with coffee rather than lean. With that said, if there’s one rapper who would release a song about his java addiction, D-WHY is he. His first feature since March’s Flattery, FaZe Clan finds the West Virginia representative knocking back shot after shot of espresso over a KE On The Track beat that I might describe as club-ready, if club DJs spun songs about sipping macchiatos. Jakob Owens directs the official visuals, starring the artist and a truckload of fresh-roasted beans. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but don’t be surprised if you hear it blaring from the speakers of your local Starbucks next time you step out for a cappucino. As always, we’ll keep you posted on D-WHY’s plans.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.