You know you listen to too much hip-hop when it surprises you to see a styrofoam cup filled with coffee rather than lean. With that said, if there’s one rapper who would release a song about his java addiction, D-WHY is he. His first feature since March’s Flattery, FaZe Clan finds the West Virginia representative knocking back shot after shot of espresso over a KE On The Track beat that I might describe as club-ready, if club DJs spun songs about sipping macchiatos. Jakob Owens directs the official visuals, starring the artist and a truckload of fresh-roasted beans. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but don’t be surprised if you hear it blaring from the speakers of your local Starbucks next time you step out for a cappucino. As always, we’ll keep you posted on D-WHY’s plans.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.