You know you listen to too much hip-hop when it surprises you to see a styrofoam cup filled with coffee rather than lean. With that said, if there’s one rapper who would release a song about his java addiction, D-WHY is he. His first feature since March’s Flattery, FaZe Clan finds the West Virginia representative knocking back shot after shot of espresso over a KE On The Track beat that I might describe as club-ready, if club DJs spun songs about sipping macchiatos. Jakob Owens directs the official visuals, starring the artist and a truckload of fresh-roasted beans. This record isn’t part of a larger project, but don’t be surprised if you hear it blaring from the speakers of your local Starbucks next time you step out for a cappucino. As always, we’ll keep you posted on D-WHY’s plans.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)