As loath as some are to admit it, us human beings ain’t nothing but a bunch of hairless, bipedal primates. Far from being ashamed of that heritage, Booth newcomer D-Why is one homo sapien who takes pride in his Animal nature, as he demonstrates on this unofficial remix off his forthcoming mixtape. Over the echoey synths and bouncing percussion of confusingly-named trio Miike Snow (borrowed from an identically-named track off the Swedish indie-popsters’ self-titled album), the Brooklyn emcee gives us a little insight into his artistic philosophy; in a melodic flow lightly reminiscent of fellow Big Apple native Outasight, Why states his intent to make his own way in the game – and to enjoy every step of the journey, in spite of haters’ and fair-weather friends’ efforts to lead him astray: “I’m not concerned with my mistakes ‘cause I’m learnin’ / just when you think it’s over, that’s when the tables start turning.” Digging this eminently head-noddable hipster-hop concoction? Then you’ll find plenty more to like on D-Why’s Don’t Flatter Yourself EP, due out sometime before the New Year.
Written by richard on 12/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wind Blows" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.