Depending on who you are, touring can be one of the biggest perks of the musical hustle, or a profound source of emotional strain—or, as in D-WHY‘s case, both at once. Freshly-released mixtape single 2,000 Miles is a bittersweet account of life on the road, with beatsmith D.Mile serving up a looping, ska-tinged instrumental backdrop for bars depicting the exhilaration of visiting a new city every night, as well as the difficulty of spending months away from familiar faces and environs. Capped off with an unexpected folk outro (Or is it an entirely separate song?), the record comes complete with a candid official video co-directed by D-WHY and Jakob Owen. Fans can find this record, previous single All Good and much more on the artist’s newly-released Don’t Flatter Yourself street album, available here for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.