Depending on who you are, touring can be one of the biggest perks of the musical hustle, or a profound source of emotional strain—or, as in D-WHY‘s case, both at once. Freshly-released mixtape single 2,000 Miles is a bittersweet account of life on the road, with beatsmith D.Mile serving up a looping, ska-tinged instrumental backdrop for bars depicting the exhilaration of visiting a new city every night, as well as the difficulty of spending months away from familiar faces and environs. Capped off with an unexpected folk outro (Or is it an entirely separate song?), the record comes complete with a candid official video co-directed by D-WHY and Jakob Owen. Fans can find this record, previous single All Good and much more on the artist’s newly-released Don’t Flatter Yourself street album, available here for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.