Depending on who you are, touring can be one of the biggest perks of the musical hustle, or a profound source of emotional strain—or, as in D-WHY‘s case, both at once. Freshly-released mixtape single 2,000 Miles is a bittersweet account of life on the road, with beatsmith D.Mile serving up a looping, ska-tinged instrumental backdrop for bars depicting the exhilaration of visiting a new city every night, as well as the difficulty of spending months away from familiar faces and environs. Capped off with an unexpected folk outro (Or is it an entirely separate song?), the record comes complete with a candid official video co-directed by D-WHY and Jakob Owen. Fans can find this record, previous single All Good and much more on the artist’s newly-released Don’t Flatter Yourself street album, available here for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.