Depending on who you are, touring can be one of the biggest perks of the musical hustle, or a profound source of emotional strain—or, as in D-WHY‘s case, both at once. Freshly-released mixtape single 2,000 Miles is a bittersweet account of life on the road, with beatsmith D.Mile serving up a looping, ska-tinged instrumental backdrop for bars depicting the exhilaration of visiting a new city every night, as well as the difficulty of spending months away from familiar faces and environs. Capped off with an unexpected folk outro (Or is it an entirely separate song?), the record comes complete with a candid official video co-directed by D-WHY and Jakob Owen. Fans can find this record, previous single All Good and much more on the artist’s newly-released Don’t Flatter Yourself street album, available here for free download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!