Depending on who you are, touring can be one of the biggest perks of the musical hustle, or a profound source of emotional strain—or, as in D-WHY‘s case, both at once. Freshly-released mixtape single 2,000 Miles is a bittersweet account of life on the road, with beatsmith D.Mile serving up a looping, ska-tinged instrumental backdrop for bars depicting the exhilaration of visiting a new city every night, as well as the difficulty of spending months away from familiar faces and environs. Capped off with an unexpected folk outro (Or is it an entirely separate song?), the record comes complete with a candid official video co-directed by D-WHY and Jakob Owen. Fans can find this record, previous single All Good and much more on the artist’s newly-released Don’t Flatter Yourself street album, available here for free download.
Written by richard on 01/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Animal (Unofficial Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.