Some insights are so true that’s it’s tough to articulate them without descending into cliché – and it takes a true artist to make those sentiments seem fresh again. For example, I could inform y’all that this is the first day of the rest of your respective lives, or that today is a gift (which is why it’s called the present), but why risk sounding like a Hallmark card when I can flip on This Is It and let Booth newcomer D-Rick do the talking for me? This joint, the latest leak off the Detroit buzzmaker’s latest full-length, finds producer Mark Byrd slicing and dicing some vintage soul samples as Rick reminds us never to take life for granted – even when times are toughest. On the joint’s final two-thirds, Motown neighbors Ro Spit and Off-Rip share some real talk of their own, the former expressing his confidence that he and his crew are “...what the game is missing.” on the middle, and the latter (a Booth newcomer) closing proceedings with a few colorful metaphors:“Too many Jordans on the team, where is all the Pippens?” Like what you’re hearing? More dope new material awaits on D-Rick’s Bottom Line LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/31/11
Submit your Rating
Get it Done Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.