Remember, back in late-2009/early-2010, when thousands of Toyota vehicles were recalled due to a problem with a little thing called “stopping”? Well, D-Pryde must have forgotten to bring his whip back to the dealership—the T-dot repper’s latest potential single finds him speeding ”in a car with no brakes, on the Highway to success.” (Hopefully, said highway doesn’t have any sudden turns). Oh, and he doesn’t have his license. Though you might want to think twice about bumming a ride with the No Sleep emcee, that shouldn’t stop you from climbing into his whip for an exhilarating musical cruise. On this newly-selected mixtape single, beatsmith Reefa‘s exuberant, piano-synth grooves set the stage for the Ontario native’s fresh and fearless motivational bars: “When I’m in danger I just still feel hyper, ‘cause I’m pushin’ negativity with windshield wipers.” Topped off with the artist’s own soulful chorus vocals and a b*tchin’ guitar solo (Side note: it took long enough, but I’m starting to warm up to the idea of guitar solos in rap records), Highway is just one of many fresh jams to be found on Pryde’s Mars mixtape, released last Friday and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 06/5/11
Submit your Rating
Mars Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Sleep" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.