While chess is commonly regarded as the brainiac’s game of choice, I’ve always taken issue with that stereotype—mostly because I don’t really, uh, know how to play. A man after my own heart, Booth newcomer D-Gibbs announces “I play Checkers, Not Chess” on his latest mixtape leak, before proving his mental mettle in razor-sharp verses. Backed by The UnBeatables’ head-nodding production, this cut is just the beginning of the freshness in store on ZShocks and Tubesocks Vol. 2. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 08/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.