While chess is commonly regarded as the brainiac’s game of choice, I’ve always taken issue with that stereotype—mostly because I don’t really, uh, know how to play. A man after my own heart, Booth newcomer D-Gibbs announces “I play Checkers, Not Chess” on his latest mixtape leak, before proving his mental mettle in razor-sharp verses. Backed by The UnBeatables’ head-nodding production, this cut is just the beginning of the freshness in store on ZShocks and Tubesocks Vol. 2. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 08/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.