While chess is commonly regarded as the brainiac’s game of choice, I’ve always taken issue with that stereotype—mostly because I don’t really, uh, know how to play. A man after my own heart, Booth newcomer D-Gibbs announces “I play Checkers, Not Chess” on his latest mixtape leak, before proving his mental mettle in razor-sharp verses. Backed by The UnBeatables’ head-nodding production, this cut is just the beginning of the freshness in store on ZShocks and Tubesocks Vol. 2. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 08/2/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.