When Jadakiss stepped into the Booth for a recent interview, he made an announcement that fans had been waiting for ever since the 2000 release of We Are the Streets: D-Block‘s long-anticipated third studio album is coming very soon—this summer, in fact. This brand new buzz single off the
D-Block compilation album, No Security, finds the trio doing whatever it takes to Get That Paper, but don’t let the title fool you; though the primary focus is the quest for success (and cash), the tone is a little more down-to-earth than you’d expect. Styles P is mostly concerned with flaunting his mansion and aqua-blue drop-top, but Sheek Louch‘s vivid opening verse and Jada’s introspective contribution on the back end add up to a balanced whole. Si adds a dash of soul on the hook, and beatsmith Crada mixes things up with a surprisingly subdued, reflective instrumental. Though their yet-untitled album, dropping this summer via Interscope, will be the threesome’s first LP as D-Block, Get That Paper makes it crystal clear that that Jada, Louch, and Styles are still “Living (and rhyming) Off Experience.”
Written by richard on 03/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's Like That" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.