Peanut butter and bananas are good on their own, but the combination of the two is the perfect recipe for a tasty treat. Thanks to the King (meaning Elvis, sorry T.I. and Mez), the fusion of the two flavors is now a staple in households everywhere. Similarly, when I heard that Cypress Hill and Mike Shinoda (of Linkin Park) collaborated on the new stand out track Carry Me Away, I couldn’t imagine what the two different flavors would sound like when put together. Just like my lunch, I was blown away by the intermingling of the two, as Shinoda’s gritty rock/hip-hop production and hook complimented the always talented and lyrically heavy quartet that is Cypress Hill. However classic this collaboration might be, it definitely ends up satisfying my musical palate (and leaves me hungry for more). If you liked this sonic appetizer, be sure to check out the main course from Cypress Hill when their new album Rise Up drops on the next major holiday (4/20).
Written by Sigurd on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.