Peanut butter and bananas are good on their own, but the combination of the two is the perfect recipe for a tasty treat. Thanks to the King (meaning Elvis, sorry T.I. and Mez), the fusion of the two flavors is now a staple in households everywhere. Similarly, when I heard that Cypress Hill and Mike Shinoda (of Linkin Park) collaborated on the new stand out track Carry Me Away, I couldn’t imagine what the two different flavors would sound like when put together. Just like my lunch, I was blown away by the intermingling of the two, as Shinoda’s gritty rock/hip-hop production and hook complimented the always talented and lyrically heavy quartet that is Cypress Hill. However classic this collaboration might be, it definitely ends up satisfying my musical palate (and leaves me hungry for more). If you liked this sonic appetizer, be sure to check out the main course from Cypress Hill when their new album Rise Up drops on the next major holiday (4/20).
Listen to More: Cypress Hill Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!