Peanut butter and bananas are good on their own, but the combination of the two is the perfect recipe for a tasty treat. Thanks to the King (meaning Elvis, sorry T.I. and Mez), the fusion of the two flavors is now a staple in households everywhere. Similarly, when I heard that Cypress Hill and Mike Shinoda (of Linkin Park) collaborated on the new stand out track Carry Me Away, I couldn’t imagine what the two different flavors would sound like when put together. Just like my lunch, I was blown away by the intermingling of the two, as Shinoda’s gritty rock/hip-hop production and hook complimented the always talented and lyrically heavy quartet that is Cypress Hill. However classic this collaboration might be, it definitely ends up satisfying my musical palate (and leaves me hungry for more). If you liked this sonic appetizer, be sure to check out the main course from Cypress Hill when their new album Rise Up drops on the next major holiday (4/20).
Listen to More: Cypress Hill
Written by Sigurd on 04/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.