I’m sure my colleague richard would start off this blurb by discussing prominent Latin American naval battles, but I’m not nearly so well versed historically, so I’ll just have to stick to saying that Cypress Hill’s new single Armada Latina is one of the most unexpectedly fresh cuts I’ve heard in a minute. Talk about a cross-genre collaboration. On Armada the always blazed men of Cypress Hill join Pitbull, the king of club jams, and Marc Anthony, the king of the salsa floor, for a smoothly bouncing cut that producer Jim Jonsin infuses with elements of old school soul, meringue, salsa and hip-hop. In less talented hands all those ingredients would result in a sloppy stew, but luckily here the result is nothing short of a sopa deliciosa. My elementary Spanish skills aside, Armada Latina is now one of my top ten Cypress Hill songs of all time. Well done gentlemen. For more música caliente be sure to cop Cypress Hill’s new album Rise Up, due out April 6.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.