I’m sure my colleague richard would start off this blurb by discussing prominent Latin American naval battles, but I’m not nearly so well versed historically, so I’ll just have to stick to saying that Cypress Hill’s new single Armada Latina is one of the most unexpectedly fresh cuts I’ve heard in a minute. Talk about a cross-genre collaboration. On Armada the always blazed men of Cypress Hill join Pitbull, the king of club jams, and Marc Anthony, the king of the salsa floor, for a smoothly bouncing cut that producer Jim Jonsin infuses with elements of old school soul, meringue, salsa and hip-hop. In less talented hands all those ingredients would result in a sloppy stew, but luckily here the result is nothing short of a sopa deliciosa. My elementary Spanish skills aside, Armada Latina is now one of my top ten Cypress Hill songs of all time. Well done gentlemen. For more música caliente be sure to cop Cypress Hill’s new album Rise Up, due out April 6.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.