I’m sure my colleague richard would start off this blurb by discussing prominent Latin American naval battles, but I’m not nearly so well versed historically, so I’ll just have to stick to saying that Cypress Hill’s new single Armada Latina is one of the most unexpectedly fresh cuts I’ve heard in a minute. Talk about a cross-genre collaboration. On Armada the always blazed men of Cypress Hill join Pitbull, the king of club jams, and Marc Anthony, the king of the salsa floor, for a smoothly bouncing cut that producer Jim Jonsin infuses with elements of old school soul, meringue, salsa and hip-hop. In less talented hands all those ingredients would result in a sloppy stew, but luckily here the result is nothing short of a sopa deliciosa. My elementary Spanish skills aside, Armada Latina is now one of my top ten Cypress Hill songs of all time. Well done gentlemen. For more música caliente be sure to cop Cypress Hill’s new album Rise Up, due out April 6.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)