I’m sure my colleague richard would start off this blurb by discussing prominent Latin American naval battles, but I’m not nearly so well versed historically, so I’ll just have to stick to saying that Cypress Hill’s new single Armada Latina is one of the most unexpectedly fresh cuts I’ve heard in a minute. Talk about a cross-genre collaboration. On Armada the always blazed men of Cypress Hill join Pitbull, the king of club jams, and Marc Anthony, the king of the salsa floor, for a smoothly bouncing cut that producer Jim Jonsin infuses with elements of old school soul, meringue, salsa and hip-hop. In less talented hands all those ingredients would result in a sloppy stew, but luckily here the result is nothing short of a sopa deliciosa. My elementary Spanish skills aside, Armada Latina is now one of my top ten Cypress Hill songs of all time. Well done gentlemen. For more música caliente be sure to cop Cypress Hill’s new album Rise Up, due out April 6.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.