I’m sure my colleague richard would start off this blurb by discussing prominent Latin American naval battles, but I’m not nearly so well versed historically, so I’ll just have to stick to saying that Cypress Hill’s new single Armada Latina is one of the most unexpectedly fresh cuts I’ve heard in a minute. Talk about a cross-genre collaboration. On Armada the always blazed men of Cypress Hill join Pitbull, the king of club jams, and Marc Anthony, the king of the salsa floor, for a smoothly bouncing cut that producer Jim Jonsin infuses with elements of old school soul, meringue, salsa and hip-hop. In less talented hands all those ingredients would result in a sloppy stew, but luckily here the result is nothing short of a sopa deliciosa. My elementary Spanish skills aside, Armada Latina is now one of my top ten Cypress Hill songs of all time. Well done gentlemen. For more música caliente be sure to cop Cypress Hill’s new album Rise Up, due out April 6.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Ain't Nothin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.