Introduced to our pages with last month’s Avians, which won rave reviews from our readership, Gainesville crew CYNE returns to the Booth with a brand new promo single off its next independent full-length. Contrary to what the title suggests, Firefights is less concerned with literal than lyrical ammunition. Cise Star‘s skillful verses cover a wide swath of ground—Portlandia references, conspiracy theories and free-associative poetry all jostle for attention. In-house producers Enoch and Speck provide a subdued, yet striking backdrop for the verbal crossfire, setting a pensive mood with reversed samples and looped guitar harmonics. All My Angles Are Right, the group’s first studio album since 2009’s Water for Mars, is pre-orderable now via Bandcamp in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, March 18. Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the set the preceding Monday, when it hits our front page for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.