Introduced to our pages with last month’s Avians, which won rave reviews from our readership, Gainesville crew CYNE returns to the Booth with a brand new promo single off its next independent full-length. Contrary to what the title suggests, Firefights is less concerned with literal than lyrical ammunition. Cise Star‘s skillful verses cover a wide swath of ground—Portlandia references, conspiracy theories and free-associative poetry all jostle for attention. In-house producers Enoch and Speck provide a subdued, yet striking backdrop for the verbal crossfire, setting a pensive mood with reversed samples and looped guitar harmonics. All My Angles Are Right, the group’s first studio album since 2009’s Water for Mars, is pre-orderable now via Bandcamp in anticipation of its release on Tuesday, March 18. Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the set the preceding Monday, when it hits our front page for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.