If I can find one or two tracks that I really personally enjoy each week, I consider it a win for team me. Thanks to Cymarshall Law, I can chalk up a W for the first week in February. The highly talented Freestyle Series alum is breaking new ground yet again with One Million Miles Away, and while his lyrical content is always revered by listeners - “My heart is the fire from which the soul came/ I got burned when I tried controlling the flame” - it’s his work over producer J. Ralph‘s boardwork that caught my attention with this one. Listeners have undoubtedly heard Ralph through many of his talented scores via major commercials, most notably through Volkswagen and Nike advertisements, and here the beat has a distinctly cinematic feel. All in all, it’s Cy’s ability to recognize the potential for a great song in any type of media that makes this truly stand out (and for that, I tip my hat). If you liked traveling far, far away with Law on this one, be sure to keep an ear to the ground for more of Cy’s work here at DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.