If I can find one or two tracks that I really personally enjoy each week, I consider it a win for team me. Thanks to Cymarshall Law, I can chalk up a W for the first week in February. The highly talented Freestyle Series alum is breaking new ground yet again with One Million Miles Away, and while his lyrical content is always revered by listeners - “My heart is the fire from which the soul came/ I got burned when I tried controlling the flame” - it’s his work over producer J. Ralph‘s boardwork that caught my attention with this one. Listeners have undoubtedly heard Ralph through many of his talented scores via major commercials, most notably through Volkswagen and Nike advertisements, and here the beat has a distinctly cinematic feel. All in all, it’s Cy’s ability to recognize the potential for a great song in any type of media that makes this truly stand out (and for that, I tip my hat). If you liked traveling far, far away with Law on this one, be sure to keep an ear to the ground for more of Cy’s work here at DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.