If I can find one or two tracks that I really personally enjoy each week, I consider it a win for team me. Thanks to Cymarshall Law, I can chalk up a W for the first week in February. The highly talented Freestyle Series alum is breaking new ground yet again with One Million Miles Away, and while his lyrical content is always revered by listeners - “My heart is the fire from which the soul came/ I got burned when I tried controlling the flame” - it’s his work over producer J. Ralph‘s boardwork that caught my attention with this one. Listeners have undoubtedly heard Ralph through many of his talented scores via major commercials, most notably through Volkswagen and Nike advertisements, and here the beat has a distinctly cinematic feel. All in all, it’s Cy’s ability to recognize the potential for a great song in any type of media that makes this truly stand out (and for that, I tip my hat). If you liked traveling far, far away with Law on this one, be sure to keep an ear to the ground for more of Cy’s work here at DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.