If I can find one or two tracks that I really personally enjoy each week, I consider it a win for team me. Thanks to Cymarshall Law, I can chalk up a W for the first week in February. The highly talented Freestyle Series alum is breaking new ground yet again with One Million Miles Away, and while his lyrical content is always revered by listeners - “My heart is the fire from which the soul came/ I got burned when I tried controlling the flame” - it’s his work over producer J. Ralph‘s boardwork that caught my attention with this one. Listeners have undoubtedly heard Ralph through many of his talented scores via major commercials, most notably through Volkswagen and Nike advertisements, and here the beat has a distinctly cinematic feel. All in all, it’s Cy’s ability to recognize the potential for a great song in any type of media that makes this truly stand out (and for that, I tip my hat). If you liked traveling far, far away with Law on this one, be sure to keep an ear to the ground for more of Cy’s work here at DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.