Who wants to bust the doors down of the White House and scream ‘Hell yeah we want universal health care!!’ ? I’m always down to throw the bird at “the man” so after hearing Cymarshall Law‘s Zion Land, I’m feeling the need to pack my bags and head to D.C. Cymarshall opens up his latest release with fist pumping vernacular that has infinitely more substance than your Jersey Shore oompa loompas. The Beatniks give Cy a podium with production laced with bass guitars and bongos, matched with sounds that will sound familiar to kung-fu and western movie fans, while Cy lyrically delivers the self-knowledge of a prophet and vision of a revolutionary leader in his engagingly erratic and scratchy voice. Like Andre 3000 said, “It all blends perfectly…let the liquor tell it,” except I’m not down to drink and party, I’m down to try to live up to this song’s purpose. If you’re feeling inspired to take up the cause Zion Land, which now comes complete with a matching video, can be found on Law’s album, Freedom Express Line, released last summer.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 04/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.