Who wants to bust the doors down of the White House and scream ‘Hell yeah we want universal health care!!’ ? I’m always down to throw the bird at “the man” so after hearing Cymarshall Law‘s Zion Land, I’m feeling the need to pack my bags and head to D.C. Cymarshall opens up his latest release with fist pumping vernacular that has infinitely more substance than your Jersey Shore oompa loompas. The Beatniks give Cy a podium with production laced with bass guitars and bongos, matched with sounds that will sound familiar to kung-fu and western movie fans, while Cy lyrically delivers the self-knowledge of a prophet and vision of a revolutionary leader in his engagingly erratic and scratchy voice. Like Andre 3000 said, “It all blends perfectly…let the liquor tell it,” except I’m not down to drink and party, I’m down to try to live up to this song’s purpose. If you’re feeling inspired to take up the cause Zion Land, which now comes complete with a matching video, can be found on Law’s album, Freedom Express Line, released last summer.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 04/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.