Where love is concerned, it’s often best to go with the flow—overthinking has spelled the end of all too many promising relationships (of course, underthinking can be equally perilous…). CyMarshall Law clearly understands this; in his first Booth feature, the emcee lets a special lady know that he’s down for “Love, Sex or Whatever,” knowing that everything will fall into place from there. Employing a relaxed, singsong flow, the rapper strikes the perfect balance between romance and humor, and this mood is amplified by Mr. Joeker‘s hook and mellow, string-sampling beat (side note: Joeker’s performance in the official music video is hilarious). Law’s good-natured presence on the mic, along with the instrumental’s sunny vibe, make for a cut that’s near-impossible to dislike. If you agree, be sure to pick up a copy of Hip-Hop in the Soul (out now), and watch for Cy to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series later this month.
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Hip Hop" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.