Where love is concerned, it’s often best to go with the flow—overthinking has spelled the end of all too many promising relationships (of course, underthinking can be equally perilous…). CyMarshall Law clearly understands this; in his first Booth feature, the emcee lets a special lady know that he’s down for “Love, Sex or Whatever,” knowing that everything will fall into place from there. Employing a relaxed, singsong flow, the rapper strikes the perfect balance between romance and humor, and this mood is amplified by Mr. Joeker‘s hook and mellow, string-sampling beat (side note: Joeker’s performance in the official music video is hilarious). Law’s good-natured presence on the mic, along with the instrumental’s sunny vibe, make for a cut that’s near-impossible to dislike. If you agree, be sure to pick up a copy of Hip-Hop in the Soul (out now), and watch for Cy to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series later this month.
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law
Written by richard on 04/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Hip Hop" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)