Where love is concerned, it’s often best to go with the flow—overthinking has spelled the end of all too many promising relationships (of course, underthinking can be equally perilous…). CyMarshall Law clearly understands this; in his first Booth feature, the emcee lets a special lady know that he’s down for “Love, Sex or Whatever,” knowing that everything will fall into place from there. Employing a relaxed, singsong flow, the rapper strikes the perfect balance between romance and humor, and this mood is amplified by Mr. Joeker‘s hook and mellow, string-sampling beat (side note: Joeker’s performance in the official music video is hilarious). Law’s good-natured presence on the mic, along with the instrumental’s sunny vibe, make for a cut that’s near-impossible to dislike. If you agree, be sure to pick up a copy of Hip-Hop in the Soul (out now), and watch for Cy to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series later this month.
Written by richard on 04/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Hip Hop" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.