Where love is concerned, it’s often best to go with the flow—overthinking has spelled the end of all too many promising relationships (of course, underthinking can be equally perilous…). CyMarshall Law clearly understands this; in his first Booth feature, the emcee lets a special lady know that he’s down for “Love, Sex or Whatever,” knowing that everything will fall into place from there. Employing a relaxed, singsong flow, the rapper strikes the perfect balance between romance and humor, and this mood is amplified by Mr. Joeker‘s hook and mellow, string-sampling beat (side note: Joeker’s performance in the official music video is hilarious). Law’s good-natured presence on the mic, along with the instrumental’s sunny vibe, make for a cut that’s near-impossible to dislike. If you agree, be sure to pick up a copy of Hip-Hop in the Soul (out now), and watch for Cy to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series later this month.
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law
Written by richard on 04/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Hip Hop" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.