Where love is concerned, it’s often best to go with the flow—overthinking has spelled the end of all too many promising relationships (of course, underthinking can be equally perilous…). CyMarshall Law clearly understands this; in his first Booth feature, the emcee lets a special lady know that he’s down for “Love, Sex or Whatever,” knowing that everything will fall into place from there. Employing a relaxed, singsong flow, the rapper strikes the perfect balance between romance and humor, and this mood is amplified by Mr. Joeker‘s hook and mellow, string-sampling beat (side note: Joeker’s performance in the official music video is hilarious). Law’s good-natured presence on the mic, along with the instrumental’s sunny vibe, make for a cut that’s near-impossible to dislike. If you agree, be sure to pick up a copy of Hip-Hop in the Soul (out now), and watch for Cy to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series later this month.
Written by richard on 04/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Hip Hop" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.