Gather ‘round, Booth readers, because CyMarshall Law has a story to tell. On his latest single, the man who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle I Am Hip-Hop puts his own spin on a fable that, whether passed down through countless generations or cooked up by some Aesop-come-lately with an Internet connection (its authorship is unknown, though the text can easily be found via Google), holds a timeless moral truth at its core. Since the tale of the King with 4 Wives has something of a twist ending, I’ll leave it to CyMarshall to do the telling—suffice it to say, the record boasts a unique concept and a central message that many of our readers will be able to get behind, and Hip-Hop In the Soul collaborator Mr. Joeker‘s head-bobbing beat has an exotic yet geographically unplaceable vibe that lends extra weight to Law’s tale. KW2W is a thought-provoking cut that, thanks to CyMarshall’s humor-laced lyricism, doesn’t comes off as preachy in the slightest. This single’s Eric Thompson-directed music video is set to drop next week, and fans hungry for more from CyMarshall Law and Mr. Joeker can pick up a copy of their Hip-Hop In The Soul LP (out now).
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.