Gather ‘round, Booth readers, because CyMarshall Law has a story to tell. On his latest single, the man who brought us Booth-exclusive freestyle I Am Hip-Hop puts his own spin on a fable that, whether passed down through countless generations or cooked up by some Aesop-come-lately with an Internet connection (its authorship is unknown, though the text can easily be found via Google), holds a timeless moral truth at its core. Since the tale of the King with 4 Wives has something of a twist ending, I’ll leave it to CyMarshall to do the telling—suffice it to say, the record boasts a unique concept and a central message that many of our readers will be able to get behind, and Hip-Hop In the Soul collaborator Mr. Joeker‘s head-bobbing beat has an exotic yet geographically unplaceable vibe that lends extra weight to Law’s tale. KW2W is a thought-provoking cut that, thanks to CyMarshall’s humor-laced lyricism, doesn’t comes off as preachy in the slightest. This single’s Eric Thompson-directed music video is set to drop next week, and fans hungry for more from CyMarshall Law and Mr. Joeker can pick up a copy of their Hip-Hop In The Soul LP (out now).
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law
Written by richard on 06/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.