When we first met Cymarshall Law, the Jersey emcee was busy promoting Hip Hop in the Soul, his collaborative set with Mr. JoeKer. Today, two years, three months and one day after his Booth debut, Law returns from his recent hiatus with leak numero uno off the highly-acclaimed set’s forthcoming sequel (premiering jointly on DJBooth and KevinNottingham.com). If you’ve forgotten just how well the collaborators meshed the first time ‘round, Everyday should refresh your memory within the first few bars. Here, JoeKer slices and dices an eclectic array of samples into an exotic backdrop for his partner’s bars. For his part, Law showcases his knack for compressing a wide range of worldly wisdom into a deceptively simple lyrical framework: “Some find themselves, others don’t know where they belong / where we thought there was weakness, we find that we’re strong…. when the worst things happen, we gotta make the best / So much goin’ on sometimes we forget to take a breath.” While Hip Hop in the Soul 2 has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.