When we first met Cymarshall Law, the Jersey emcee was busy promoting Hip Hop in the Soul, his collaborative set with Mr. JoeKer. Today, two years, three months and one day after his Booth debut, Law returns from his recent hiatus with leak numero uno off the highly-acclaimed set’s forthcoming sequel (premiering jointly on DJBooth and KevinNottingham.com). If you’ve forgotten just how well the collaborators meshed the first time ‘round, Everyday should refresh your memory within the first few bars. Here, JoeKer slices and dices an eclectic array of samples into an exotic backdrop for his partner’s bars. For his part, Law showcases his knack for compressing a wide range of worldly wisdom into a deceptively simple lyrical framework: “Some find themselves, others don’t know where they belong / where we thought there was weakness, we find that we’re strong…. when the worst things happen, we gotta make the best / So much goin’ on sometimes we forget to take a breath.” While Hip Hop in the Soul 2 has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.