When we first met Cymarshall Law, the Jersey emcee was busy promoting Hip Hop in the Soul, his collaborative set with Mr. JoeKer. Today, two years, three months and one day after his Booth debut, Law returns from his recent hiatus with leak numero uno off the highly-acclaimed set’s forthcoming sequel (premiering jointly on DJBooth and KevinNottingham.com). If you’ve forgotten just how well the collaborators meshed the first time ‘round, Everyday should refresh your memory within the first few bars. Here, JoeKer slices and dices an eclectic array of samples into an exotic backdrop for his partner’s bars. For his part, Law showcases his knack for compressing a wide range of worldly wisdom into a deceptively simple lyrical framework: “Some find themselves, others don’t know where they belong / where we thought there was weakness, we find that we’re strong…. when the worst things happen, we gotta make the best / So much goin’ on sometimes we forget to take a breath.” While Hip Hop in the Soul 2 has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.