Like a Meteorwrite hurtling through the heavens on a collision course with the Earth, CyMarshall Law‘s pen game is blazing hot, apocalyptically destructive and damned near impossible to stop, unless you’re Bruce Willis. OK, that might actually be an asteroid, but I didn’t become a DJBooth.net track reviewer by acing science class – the point is, he never stops writing. The first leaked track off the Jersey rapper’s forthcoming street album finds Law flowing over the exotic sampled-guitar boardwork of Slaugthery Beats, giving fans a glimpse into the psyche of a chronic graphomaniac. Though CyMarshall’s singleminded rhymes get a little Green Eggs and Ham-esque at points (He can write blindfolded on the edge of a cliff, while rolling a spliff, during a police chase, listening to beat tapes, on a boat, with a goat, etc.) that doesn’t detract from this clever concept cut’s appeal – fellow wordsmiths in particular will be able to relate to CyMarshall’s sentiments. Fans can find Meteowrite and much more on Creator’s Craft, set to hit the ‘net sometime in December.
Written by richard on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.