Like a Meteorwrite hurtling through the heavens on a collision course with the Earth, CyMarshall Law‘s pen game is blazing hot, apocalyptically destructive and damned near impossible to stop, unless you’re Bruce Willis. OK, that might actually be an asteroid, but I didn’t become a DJBooth.net track reviewer by acing science class – the point is, he never stops writing. The first leaked track off the Jersey rapper’s forthcoming street album finds Law flowing over the exotic sampled-guitar boardwork of Slaugthery Beats, giving fans a glimpse into the psyche of a chronic graphomaniac. Though CyMarshall’s singleminded rhymes get a little Green Eggs and Ham-esque at points (He can write blindfolded on the edge of a cliff, while rolling a spliff, during a police chase, listening to beat tapes, on a boat, with a goat, etc.) that doesn’t detract from this clever concept cut’s appeal – fellow wordsmiths in particular will be able to relate to CyMarshall’s sentiments. Fans can find Meteowrite and much more on Creator’s Craft, set to hit the ‘net sometime in December.
Written by richard on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)