Like a Meteorwrite hurtling through the heavens on a collision course with the Earth, CyMarshall Law‘s pen game is blazing hot, apocalyptically destructive and damned near impossible to stop, unless you’re Bruce Willis. OK, that might actually be an asteroid, but I didn’t become a DJBooth.net track reviewer by acing science class – the point is, he never stops writing. The first leaked track off the Jersey rapper’s forthcoming street album finds Law flowing over the exotic sampled-guitar boardwork of Slaugthery Beats, giving fans a glimpse into the psyche of a chronic graphomaniac. Though CyMarshall’s singleminded rhymes get a little Green Eggs and Ham-esque at points (He can write blindfolded on the edge of a cliff, while rolling a spliff, during a police chase, listening to beat tapes, on a boat, with a goat, etc.) that doesn’t detract from this clever concept cut’s appeal – fellow wordsmiths in particular will be able to relate to CyMarshall’s sentiments. Fans can find Meteowrite and much more on Creator’s Craft, set to hit the ‘net sometime in December.
Written by richard on 11/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.