Considering we haven’t heard from Booth fave Cymarshall Law since he jumped on board the Freedom Express Line with production crew The Beatnikz back in August, fans may well be wondering where the man’s travels have taken him. Well, those craving an update from the freestyle series alum will be happy to hear that, though his journey’s been a long one, he’s Almost Home. On this new single, Lil-Jay and Frank Blank‘s quietly determined piano groove (I feel like I should recognize that sample – anyone?) sets the stage for a little lyrical soul-searching. Though Law adopts a more subdued delivery than usual (relatively speaking) as he addresses his conflicted relationship with his past, his complex, wordplay-laced style comes through loud and clear in lines like “If home where the heart is, unless I’m wrong, it means I live on each page that I write on.” Like what you’re hearing? In addition to picking up a copy of Freedom Express Line, released August 31, and available now online, fans should check out the official video, shot in Paris, France.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.