Considering we haven’t heard from Booth fave Cymarshall Law since he jumped on board the Freedom Express Line with production crew The Beatnikz back in August, fans may well be wondering where the man’s travels have taken him. Well, those craving an update from the freestyle series alum will be happy to hear that, though his journey’s been a long one, he’s Almost Home. On this new single, Lil-Jay and Frank Blank‘s quietly determined piano groove (I feel like I should recognize that sample – anyone?) sets the stage for a little lyrical soul-searching. Though Law adopts a more subdued delivery than usual (relatively speaking) as he addresses his conflicted relationship with his past, his complex, wordplay-laced style comes through loud and clear in lines like “If home where the heart is, unless I’m wrong, it means I live on each page that I write on.” Like what you’re hearing? In addition to picking up a copy of Freedom Express Line, released August 31, and available now online, fans should check out the official video, shot in Paris, France.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.