Considering we haven’t heard from Booth fave Cymarshall Law since he jumped on board the Freedom Express Line with production crew The Beatnikz back in August, fans may well be wondering where the man’s travels have taken him. Well, those craving an update from the freestyle series alum will be happy to hear that, though his journey’s been a long one, he’s Almost Home. On this new single, Lil-Jay and Frank Blank‘s quietly determined piano groove (I feel like I should recognize that sample – anyone?) sets the stage for a little lyrical soul-searching. Though Law adopts a more subdued delivery than usual (relatively speaking) as he addresses his conflicted relationship with his past, his complex, wordplay-laced style comes through loud and clear in lines like “If home where the heart is, unless I’m wrong, it means I live on each page that I write on.” Like what you’re hearing? In addition to picking up a copy of Freedom Express Line, released August 31, and available now online, fans should check out the official video, shot in Paris, France.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.