Considering we haven’t heard from Booth fave Cymarshall Law since he jumped on board the Freedom Express Line with production crew The Beatnikz back in August, fans may well be wondering where the man’s travels have taken him. Well, those craving an update from the freestyle series alum will be happy to hear that, though his journey’s been a long one, he’s Almost Home. On this new single, Lil-Jay and Frank Blank‘s quietly determined piano groove (I feel like I should recognize that sample – anyone?) sets the stage for a little lyrical soul-searching. Though Law adopts a more subdued delivery than usual (relatively speaking) as he addresses his conflicted relationship with his past, his complex, wordplay-laced style comes through loud and clear in lines like “If home where the heart is, unless I’m wrong, it means I live on each page that I write on.” Like what you’re hearing? In addition to picking up a copy of Freedom Express Line, released August 31, and available now online, fans should check out the official video, shot in Paris, France.
Written by richard on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)