Forgiving and forgetting may be good for your blood pressure, but there’s something to be said for letting a grudge age like fine wine. Just ask CyMarshall Law; who, since entering the music game, has seemingly built up enough bile for a lifetime of dry heaves. Harder Than Thou, the lead single off the forthcoming Creator’s Kid EP, finds the Jersey native spitting one impressively thorough litany of grievances – in addition to taking on obvious targets like haters, rival emcees and unsupportive DJs, Law vents his spleen at bad weather, public transportation and anyone who ever failed to call him back after he submitted a job application (to name just a few). Beatsmith D-Slaps backs the emcee’s furious rhymes with some fittingly forceful boardwork, serving up a sample from soul singer Eddie Kendricks’ classic cut, If You Let Me before segueing into a pounding keyboard/percussion groove, and DJ JS-1 tops it all off with some authentic guest cuts. If this cathartic jam strikes a chord, be sure and pick up a copy of CyMarshall’s latest EP, when it drops January 19, 2010.
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law
Written by richard on 11/30/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)