Forgiving and forgetting may be good for your blood pressure, but there’s something to be said for letting a grudge age like fine wine. Just ask CyMarshall Law; who, since entering the music game, has seemingly built up enough bile for a lifetime of dry heaves. Harder Than Thou, the lead single off the forthcoming Creator’s Kid EP, finds the Jersey native spitting one impressively thorough litany of grievances – in addition to taking on obvious targets like haters, rival emcees and unsupportive DJs, Law vents his spleen at bad weather, public transportation and anyone who ever failed to call him back after he submitted a job application (to name just a few). Beatsmith D-Slaps backs the emcee’s furious rhymes with some fittingly forceful boardwork, serving up a sample from soul singer Eddie Kendricks’ classic cut, If You Let Me before segueing into a pounding keyboard/percussion groove, and DJ JS-1 tops it all off with some authentic guest cuts. If this cathartic jam strikes a chord, be sure and pick up a copy of CyMarshall’s latest EP, when it drops January 19, 2010.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.