Forgiving and forgetting may be good for your blood pressure, but there’s something to be said for letting a grudge age like fine wine. Just ask CyMarshall Law; who, since entering the music game, has seemingly built up enough bile for a lifetime of dry heaves. Harder Than Thou, the lead single off the forthcoming Creator’s Kid EP, finds the Jersey native spitting one impressively thorough litany of grievances – in addition to taking on obvious targets like haters, rival emcees and unsupportive DJs, Law vents his spleen at bad weather, public transportation and anyone who ever failed to call him back after he submitted a job application (to name just a few). Beatsmith D-Slaps backs the emcee’s furious rhymes with some fittingly forceful boardwork, serving up a sample from soul singer Eddie Kendricks’ classic cut, If You Let Me before segueing into a pounding keyboard/percussion groove, and DJ JS-1 tops it all off with some authentic guest cuts. If this cathartic jam strikes a chord, be sure and pick up a copy of CyMarshall’s latest EP, when it drops January 19, 2010.
Written by richard on 11/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.