Forgiving and forgetting may be good for your blood pressure, but there’s something to be said for letting a grudge age like fine wine. Just ask CyMarshall Law; who, since entering the music game, has seemingly built up enough bile for a lifetime of dry heaves. Harder Than Thou, the lead single off the forthcoming Creator’s Kid EP, finds the Jersey native spitting one impressively thorough litany of grievances – in addition to taking on obvious targets like haters, rival emcees and unsupportive DJs, Law vents his spleen at bad weather, public transportation and anyone who ever failed to call him back after he submitted a job application (to name just a few). Beatsmith D-Slaps backs the emcee’s furious rhymes with some fittingly forceful boardwork, serving up a sample from soul singer Eddie Kendricks’ classic cut, If You Let Me before segueing into a pounding keyboard/percussion groove, and DJ JS-1 tops it all off with some authentic guest cuts. If this cathartic jam strikes a chord, be sure and pick up a copy of CyMarshall’s latest EP, when it drops January 19, 2010.
Listen to More: Cymarshall Law Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.