Cymarshall Law has been a regular presence in the Booth lately as one-half of duo Everliven Sound (with Skit Slam) but it’s been a minute since last we heard the Jersey native stretch his limbs on a track of his own. Those who’ve forgotten how quirky, clever, and engaging the Booth fave can be when he takes center stage need simply listen to The Flyness for a refresher course. The lead single off Cy and The Beatnikz’ forthcoming collaborative album, The Flyness, finds the production crew pairing a gritty, plucked-string sample with head-noddable percussion as the emcee effortlessly strings together polysyllabic rhymes: “You should trust me too, what I bust be true / Forget what people say and just be you / A trends-setter even when I had less cheddar / I wasn’t the best-dressed still you can test never.” The man’s got lyrics for days, and his behind-the-boards cohorts come with exuberant grooves to match – what more could fans ask for? If you like what you’re hearing, grab a copy of Cy and the Beatnikz’ Freedom Express Line LP when it drops on August 31.
Written by richard on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love, Sex, or What" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)